Boutros Bear is a digital health venture on a mission to help individuals and organisations better manage chronic illness, starting first in cancer.
Our platform currently consists of our flagship Cancer Rehabilitation programme that has been designed with a team of scientific and clinical experts and patient advocates. Using behavioural science insights, our 12-week programme helps individuals recover faster and adopt long-lasting healthy habits after cancer treatment. Boutros Bear also provides e-training services for employers to better support individuals in their return to work after chronic illness.
We are expanding our services beyond cancer rehabilitation into prehabilitation services and other chronic illnesses. Our mission is to be the market leader in chronic illness management and to help individuals improve their quality of life with and beyond chronic illness.
To read more about us, please visit www.boutrosbear.com. Our HQ is in Cambridge, England and we are venture-capital-backed by leading investors including Amadeus Capital Partners, Meltwind Advisory, and Cambridge Angels.
Job Description – Head of Product
Boutros Bear is looking for a Head of Product to fulfil the lead role in managing and developing Boutros Bear’s digital health product platform for chronic illness prehabilitation and rehabilitation services. We are seeking an experienced and motivated Head of Product to join our rapidly expanding start-up and own the product vision, design, and technical development of our digital health and e-learning platforms.
You will have the unique opportunity to join our team at a pivotal time in our development as we launch to customers in the UK and abroad (starting in the US in 2022). Your role will be to ensure our product meets the needs of users and customers and you will play a key role in planning and scoping future product releases across various therapeutic areas.
- Own the Workplace Cancer Programme which consists of an e-learning platform, evidence-based curriculums, and mobile and desktop telehealth services
- Lead new product development – including design, scope, and delivery of the company’s various prehabilitation and rehabilitation programmes to fit customer and user needs
- Run beta tests and pilot programmes for early-stage products
- Plan and execute on technical and commercial product roadmaps – from development of programme scope through to launch
- Map and optimise the user journey from start to finish
- Lead the technical development of exciting new projects in data analytics and insights
- Work with external third parties to assess partnership opportunities
- Ensure product development is in line with key regulatory, cybersecurity, and data privacy guidelines
- Recruit, build, and project manage a product team to meet the needs of the business and product delivery deadlines, factoring in key dependencies across cross-functional teams
- Report directly to the company CEO and other executives as required
What We’re Looking for:
- 5+ years’ experience in Product Management, preferably in B2B/B2B2C solutions
- Solid project management skills and proven track record of previously developing product platforms and product launches, preferably in the digital health or ed-tech sectors
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to lead the technical development of multiple Boutros Bear product lines – from MVP through to full product launch
- Experience in Agile teams, linking technical development with the strategy team to meet sales goals and customer needs
- Familiarity with health tech data regulations (e.g. software as a medical device, ISO certifications, etc)
- Entrepreneurial mindset and is motivated by working in fast-paced environments
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to adapt quickly to market/product changes
Bonus Points for:
- Proactive in scoping out market trends and best-in-class solutions in the chronic illness rehabilitation space
- Prior experience working in start-ups and corporates, preferably in the life science/healthcare sectors and having a network within this space
- Global professional experiences across Europe and/or the US
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and accompanying cover letter should you wish to apply for this role. Boutros Bear is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive salary, employee share options, and flexible work arrangements.