Boutros Bear is a digital health venture on a mission to help individuals and organisations better manage chronic illness, starting first in cancer.
Our platform currently consists of our flagship Cancer Rehabilitation programme that has been designed with a team of scientific and clinical experts and patient advocates. Using behavioural science insights, our 12-week programme helps individuals recover faster and adopt long-lasting healthy habits after cancer treatment.
Our digital behaviour change programme consists of personal one-to-one coaching, group-based interventions, and evidence-based curriculums to support and empower participants with chronic conditions. Boutros Bear also provides e-training services for employers to better support individuals in their return to work after chronic illness. Our mission is to be the market leader in chronic illness management and to help individuals improve their quality-of-life with and beyond chronic illness.
To read more about us, please visit www.boutrosbear.com. Our HQ is in Cambridge, England and we are a well-funded, venture-capital startup backed by leading investors including Amadeus Capital Partners, Meltwind Advisory, and Cambridge Angels.
Job Description – Business Strategy & Operations Intern
Boutros Bear is looking for a Business Strategy and Operations Intern to assist in the day-to-day operations of the company, and gain key skills and valuable experience within an early stage startup setting.
You will have the unique opportunity to join our team at a pivotal time in our development as we launch to customers in the UK and abroad (starting in the US in 2022). In a flat company hierarchy, you will grow fast by being involved in every aspect of the business. And in a small team, you will have a chance to make a big impact with the responsibility and autonomy given to you.
- Assist in the day-to-day operations of a health tech startup company
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of daily operations in our digital health startup – with a specific focus on developing our cancer programme offering to customers
- Provide excellent support for our customers and help manage customer accounts
- Conduct market research of various therapeutic areas in the chronic illness space, starting first in cancer and opportunity to explore other chronic illness programmes to align our services to market interest
- Research and summarise clinical papers and evidence for rehabilitation programmes
- Manage social media accounts, and assist with creating and posting of content
What We’re Looking for:
- Recent graduate or currently in final year of a Bachelor’s Degree
- No prior work experience required
- Proactive, self-motivated, and work well in a team environment style
- Excellent English both written and verbal
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and social media platforms
- Strong organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple competing priorities
- Strong desire to learn about digital health startups and be part of a mission-driven, patient-centric company
Bonus Points for:
- Experience in working for tech startups
- Passion for the healthcare sector, especially as related to cancer or other chronic illnesses
Full time or part-time, hybrid (office & remote) position for 6 months. We are looking for someone to start immediately. Opportunity to be hired for a full-time position will be considered.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and accompanying cover letter should you wish to apply for this role. Boutros Bear is an equal opportunity employer and offers paid internship arrangements and flexible work arrangements.